Monday, August 06, 2012

Uncle Don

My grandparents, mom, and uncle Don
Two weeks ago my family had quite a shock. Very suddenly my uncle went to be with the Lord. It was a bitter-sweet week as we did a lot of traveling, remembering, laughing, and crying together. I'm so thankful that I was able to fly out right away to stay with my grandparents. My family and I were very concerned with them being alone during such an emotional time. After 2 days of being there with them we drove from Wisconsin to Illinois in order to join the rest of the family for a visitation and memorial service. It was a very nice time.
I was so blessed to hear all of the wonderful things said about my uncle at the services. What a wonderful man of God. He had a servants heart. He loved the Lord more than anything and loved his family. I'm so thankful for the time I had with him. He was always so fun to be around. I will miss him. But I know that he is in heaven right now worshiping our Savior and loving it.

No comments: