It is so hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that I only have 2 weeks left of school! And yet at the same time I'm really looking forward to being done. This school year has been a rough one. But amidst the rough I've grown to care a lot for the students I've had this year. It's always bitter/sweet finishing up a school year.
This year I'm ending feeling like I didn't really do as much as I could have done as a teacher. I'm sure it is a normal feeling for most teachers. There always seems to be more that I can do or things I could do better. The hard thing this year was that it took almost 2 quarters to feel like we were in a routine. That's a long time. I'm not sure how next year will pan out, but I do know I will have more students next year. And I think in order for it to be a successful year I need to plan a little bit better. And with that in mind I've got to get a plan going for the summer so that I'm ready to go.
So here's the plan...
- Read 1-2 books to help me grow as an educator.
- Come up with a strong year-at-a-glance for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Start planning lessons for the beginning of the school year.
- Plan author studies and themed units for each month.
- Read 1-2 books for fun...yeah I know that one wasn't school related, but I have to keep my sanity. ;)
I don't know...maybe I'm biting off more than I can chew. But in anticipation of the class I will have next year I feel like I need to get planning.