Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tuesday Treasure - A Shield

I feel so blessed to work at a Christian school. I love that I can start the day with a devotional and prayer time! And the funny thing is that I read through a kids devotional book and I feel challenged by it every day. I love that God knows exactly what I need to hear and when I need to hear it. Over the last week and a half I've struggled with some things at school. Words have been said to me that have stung and I'm such a people pleaser. I want everyone to be happy and I don't want anyone to be upset with me. The story from this morning's devotions was such a good reminder to me. "Satan would like nothing better than to sink his teeth into us. But God is like the thick glass that keeps the sharks away (in an aquarium). He acts as a shield and protects us. We stay behind the shield by learning and following God's Word. If we ignore what God says, it's as though we step out from His shield and become easy prey for the 'shark.'"
Psalm 3:3 "But you, O Lord, are a shield around me." 
When my focus is on God and I remember He is my shield the 'bites' that come my way won't hurt as much. I have to focus on God's truth!
I'm not sure if this all makes sense...I'm probably rambling, but it is something I treasured today.

No comments: