Monday, February 03, 2014

Not sure why

I'm not sure why God allows certain things to happen in our lives. When hard things come up our initial reaction can often be "why Lord!" That has been my reaction today. Why did today have to go like it did? It wasn't a crazy life changing thing, but it was hard. In the midst of that I was reminded by a friend that God knows and for whatever reason He has me going through this trial. It makes me think back to a recent message I heard in church. "God is sovereign over every situation in your life. And since God sovereignly places us where we are, where we are is a place of worship." So my response needs to be to worship Him, surrender, and seek Him. It definitely is a hard thing to remember, but I really want that peace that I know God will give me when I seek Him.
So if nothing else because of this trial I am learning that through the trial I can and need to worship Him. I'm reminded of the worship chorus: "Lord, I need You. Oh, I need You. Every hour I need You. My one defense, my righteousness, Oh God, how I need you!" I think that song will be on my lips all day tomorrow.

No comments: