I was feeling the need to be outside today so I asked my grandma if I could work in fixing up the metal chairs that have been in the backyard for who knows how long. She said yes and I went out there with a wire brush and scraper for about an hour. I would have kept going, but I started getting a blister and it was growing.
Here is the before picture:
After an hour of working I almost have the seat entirely scraped off. There are three layers of paint on this chair. I'm pretty sure it was originally yellow. Then there is a thick layer of red and finally white. It is going to take a while, but I'm exited about the outcome!