Monday, May 11, 2015

Bittersweet time of year

       It's been a while since I've written a new post. It is definitely a busy time of year for me. There are only 3 weeks left of school, which is so crazy to me! But with those 3 weeks comes many events.
       The end of the school year is definitely bittersweet. I'm sad that half of my class will be moving on to a new class next year. They have grown to be so dear to me. Thankfully I'll still see them, but they won't me "my kids" anymore. Teaching at such a small school does have some perks though! The other half of my class will be staying with me for next year! I'm excited to have them for another year. We definitely have our ups and downs, but I'm looking forward to another year of training them and seeing them grow closer to the Lord and stronger in their education.
       The big sweet thing about this time of year is SUMMER!!! I'm super excited to be going home next month!! I'm so looking forward to some time with my family! Honestly don't know how my mom moved to California when she got married without the technology I have now. Even though I don't talk to them every day we are communicating in some way every day. And Skype is a huge help! It's nice to be able to see them every once in a while. I'm also looking forward to some fun time with friends. Apart from my family, I'm not the best at keeping in contact with people who are not living near me. But I'm super thankful for friends who understand that. I love that we can pick up right where we left off. I know things will be different when I get back but I'm just going to enjoy the time I have with them.
       I'm so thankful that the Lord made it possible for me to go home for a good chunk of the summer. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that next summer or not. Still haven't bought my ticket back to Wisconsin, and I honestly don't know what the rest of the summer, or 2015 for that matter, will hold for me. That is mostly because I'm not sure what my grandma will be doing. But even though I don't know what the future holds I do know who holds the future. My Lord and Savior has everything in His hand. And that everything includes me. I could look at the rest of 2015 with dread, fear and anxiety, but I don't have to do that. I'm sure there will be highs and lows, but in those times I can rest in the Lord and find peace in Him.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Great perspective!!!!!! Enjoy your break!!!!!