Sunday, October 18, 2015

Just being real with you

       It's been a while since I've posted anything on here. My last post was when school started! Clearly things have been busy since then. Honestly not sure if I've had a weekend at home since school started.
       Not sure why I feel like writing right now, I don't have much to say. Just want to be honest and say that I'm feeling lonely today. Missing my family and friends back home and sad that things are changing around me right now. Some friends are moving away and another friendship has changed. I'm not a big fan of change. Wondering what the Lord has for me down the road.
       As I'm sitting here having a pity party for myself the Lord is reminding me "I am here. I am enough." It's so easy for me to get stuck in feeling sorry for myself and laying on my couch for a good cry. But I do need to reminder that God is enough. I don't want to waste my life sitting around waiting for something to happen, watching friends and wishing I had what they have. God is so much better than any dream I may have for the future. He is enough! So now I'm going to get up off the couch, get some work down around the house that I need to do, and thank the Lord for always being with me. (And also thank Him for talking me out of the pity party I was having!)

No comments: