Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Feeling Refreshed and Ready to Go!

Can I just tell you that I am so extremely thankful that we have Thanksgiving break every year?! This year especially I needed the 3 extra days off of school. There was the temptation to complain because so many other schools had the entire week off, but I chose to be thankful for the 3 days off. And oh boy am I thankful!

Before the break there was one word to describe how I was feeling all the time.

T-I-R-E-D

I was constantly feeling tired. And feeling that way all the time was making me feel short tempered, anxious, sad, discouraged...you get the idea.

One of the discouraging things lately has been teaching. My class this year is much harder than the class I had last year. I really shouldn't compare them to previous groups, but they really are night and day. I've come to realize that because of the easier class last year I have become lazy in my teaching. I'm embarrassed to say that many of my lessons were me in front of my class flying by the seat of my pants. My college professors would be mortified. Who am I kidding! I'm mortified typing it!
Over the break I came to the understanding (with myself) that I need to plan better for this class. I know that they have been learning new things this year, but I also know that I have not been giving them my best. So Sunday afternoon I spent about an hour at school planning. I planned out this week and got some of the planning done for the upcoming weeks before Christmas. It felt so good to get that done/started! It gave me an excitement for the lessons coming up. And I feel like as a class we are going to be much more productive.

I'm so thankful for the short break that really helped me feel refreshed and ready to tackle the last few weeks before Christmas break. These next few weeks are going to FLY! And I'm gearing up for the craziness that is coming very quickly. It will all be good things, but you know how it goes. December is busy busy busy.

No comments: