Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Plato who??


The only problem with this picture is that the kid with the Play-dough looks nothing like me.
I'm taking a class called "Philosophies of Education." So far we have talked about Confucius, Plato and Aristotle. And I feel like I have missed the whole thing. I am just not a deep thinker and don't get most of it. I'm going to have to do some major studying for the tests in this class.
So I think that this comic represents me very well. I'd much rather be playing with play-dough any day than learning about Plato.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You would probably benefit more from playing with playdough - I never understood in all my undergrad and grad courses why we study all that stuff and now that I am teaching - I am still wondering! Stick with Playdough :):)

Call Me June... said...

I can so relate Jamie! My professor would go on and on about the deep thinking and it all just sounded like hooey to me! On the other hand, I can sit for hours at a time and watch a good Brady Bunch Marathon on TVLand... not too sure this speaks well of my intelligence! (-: