Last year for the month of November I posted something I was thankful for every day. It was such a blessing to me. I was reminded daily of all God has given to me. Some days it was easier to see what I was thankful for that day and other days it was harder. But it made me find the good things from those harder days and not just dwell on negative things.
It is hard to believe that November is here and we are 5 days into it! Time flies when you are having fun (and when you are busy most of the time). So I'm starting out the month playing a little catch up. Ha! I'm not too surprised at this.
1. My Salvation - I'm so thankful that God sent His Son to earth so many years ago. Jesus did for me what no one else could ever do. He provided a way for me to spend eternity for Him in Heaven. I don't deserve this at all. But I've been forgiven. Thank you, Lord!
2. Working at a Christian school - I have the wonderful blessing of teaching at the school I attended for all of my elementary, junior high, and high school education. I'll be the first one to tell you that when I graduated I didn't really want to leave. So to many people it isn't a surprise that I am back. I love teaching there. The best thing is that I am able to share the Gospel with my class. Everyday we spend time talking about the Lord, praying and worshiping Him. It is such a wonderful blessing. Chapel times are especially great as we sing and hear a message. The chorus of children's voices is sweet and I'm able to worship my Savior along with them. It is great.
3. Thursday was a rough day at work for me. By the end of the day I was exhausted, frustrated and ready to cry. When all of my kids were picked up in the car line I started to make my way back to my classroom and I spotted my dad. I'm so thankful that my dad and I work at the same place. Because of a "little" rearranging of school offices this year I get to run into him a lot more. Thursday it was especially nice to see him because I really needed a hug. I love my dad so much! He gave me a big hug and asked me what was going on. It was wonderful.
4. Fridays - For someone who works 5 days a week Fridays are wonderful days. I love remembering that it is Friday when I wake up in the morning. I can dress a little more relaxed at work and it is almost the weekend. But it is also a time when I usually have time to catch up on work in my classroom. I spent over an hour yesterday just working at organizing things in my classroom. I'm nowhere near done, but it felt good to do it.
5. I have to say that this morning I'm very thankful for the heater I have in my apartment. It is nice to have a warm place to be on a chilly morning. I realize that it is colder in many places of the world right now, but to this California girl it is pretty cool here.
Well, I'm glad to have started this back up for this month. I am feeling so blessed already!