Saturday, July 13, 2013

Wisconsin Diaries - Quilting

From July 6, 2013

I’ve been making some progress on my quilt! I’m so excited! I have to laugh though. My grandma is very much into traditional quilts and doesn’t really like what I’m making. There are definitely traditional aspects of this quilt I’m putting together, but also some non-traditional parts to it. When I first bought this fabric I knew I wouldn’t have enough to use it across an entire quilt. So I decided that most of this quilt would be the solid fabric with a band of the patterned fabric in the pinwheel style. I really like the idea. I think it is going to turn out nice. Grandma was giving me a hard time tonight when I was laying it out and trying to figure out how I was going to put it together. She kept trying to tell me that I needed more squares and how to arrange the colors the way she liked. Multiple times when I told her I liked it the way I had it she said, “Well, to each his own.” Yup, that’s right. I like how it is looking and I think I’ll like how it looks on my bed.

No comments: