Friday, March 06, 2015

Reading Challenge Update #1

5. Stonewall Hinkleman and the Battle of Bull Run - Finally a book I read for fun on my own! Yay! I was intrigued by this book when I saw it on the library website. I did enjoy it, but I wouldn't read it to my class. It was definitely for older kids. But even then I wouldn't want my older kids to read it either. There was some bad language which was disappointing to me. Other than that I really liked the book. It gave an interesting perspective on the Civil War.



6. Brave Emily - This was a very sweet American Girl book. My boys groaned at first when I said I was going to read it, but I think they actually enjoyed it. Although they would never admit it. What I liked best about this book is that is brought good conversations about WW2. Most of my students don't know anything about WW1 or WW2. So it was neat to explain some about the war to them. We talked a lot about what it would be like to leave your family and have to live somewhere else during a war.

Already working on a book at home and a new book at school too! Almost halfway done with my challenge!

No comments: