Sunday, July 26, 2015

Church Camping

       Just got back from my church camping trip.
       Last year when I moved to Wisconsin the church camping trip came at just the right time. I know that the Lord had it all worked out in advance. It was later in the summer last year and I was struggling some missing my family and adjusting to living with my grandparents. God used that camping trip to remind me that He is always with me and hears me when I cry out to Him.
       This year the camping trip was just as much of a blessing to me. There is something to wonderful about sitting on a small dock at the edge of a lake reading your Bible and praying. The sound of the water hitting the boats and the wind in the trees reminded me so much of how God loves me more than I can even imagine. His creation is so amazing and reminds me of how awesome He is. I'm just this puny little nothing in this world, but God chose me to be His child and He saved me from a terrible eternity. During our last kayaking outing on the lake this morning one of my friends pointed out the awesomeness of God and how cool it would be to kayak in the new heaven and new earth. He was so right. I thought that lake and its surroundings were so wonderful, but how wonderful will it be in the place that God is preparing for me!
       This morning as I was spending my quiet time with the Lord these are the verses that stuck out to me.
Psalm 111
Praise the Lord! 
I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart, 
in the company of the upright, in the congregation. 
Great are the works of the Lord, studied by all who delight in them. 
Full of splendor and majesty is his work, and his righteousness endures forever. 
He has caused his wondrous works to be remembered; 
the Lord is gracious and merciful. 
He provides food for those who fear him; 
he remembers his covenant forever. 
He has shown his people the power of his works, 
in giving them the inheritance of the nations. 
The works of his hands are faithful and just; all his precepts are trustworthy; 
they are established forever and ever, to be performed with faithfulness and uprightness. 
He sent redemption to his people; he has commanded his covenant forever. 
Holy and awesome is his name! 
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; a
ll those who practice it have a good understanding. 
His praise endures forever! 

No comments: