Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Reading Challenge Update #5

10. Eragon - I really enjoyed reading this book! It was long, but I stuck with it. I think I started it by listening to the audiobook and then finished it with the actual book. I got so far with the audiobook and then it expired and I was going to have to wait for a long time to be able to get it again. So I ran to the library to get the actual book. I must have been at a really good part because I picked it up as soon as I could. :) I'm really looking forward to picking up the second book in the series.


11. The Willoughbys - I'm a really big fan of Lois Lowry because of The Giver series. I absolutely LOVE The Giver series. So when I saw this book I had high expectations. It was strange. I would not read it to my class no matter what the age. The kids in the story were disrespectful to their parents and then in the end when the parents died the kids didn't even care. It was weird. I won't be reading that one again.


12. Anne of Green Gables - I'm ashamed to say that it took me forever to read this book. But even though it took me forever I really loved reading it. I know, I'm a little strange. I'm totally going to pick up book two in the near future. I finished it while I was flying on an airplane and I had to work really hard at not crying through the last few chapters. Its one thing to cry openly at home, but on an airplane...not so much. I knew that Matthew was going to die, because I grew up watching the movie, but I still cried through that part. Very well written and, like most books that have been turned into movies, there was a lot more info in the book than in the movie.

No comments: