Saturday, November 19, 2016

Picture Day


Earlier in the school year I missed picture day, so a few weeks ago I had to do picture retakes. It is probably my least favorite day of the school year. I don't usually like how I look in school pictures. I always feel like I look more overweight than I feel. This year the photographer was sweet and let me look at my pic and retake it when I told her I didn't like my double chin. So I "turtled it" per her recommendation. Embarrassing, but effective. Still didn't love the picture, but it was better than the first try. 

I really struggle with my body image. Not all the time, but a lot of the time. I've recently become more imaginative and brave in my clothing choices which is helping with my confidence. But I still feel like I am so overweight.  And instead of being motivated to do something about it I'm sitting on my couch watching tv. I'm my own worst enemy. 

But I do have to say I've come a long way. I came across the picture on the left the other day and was shocked. It was from a family photoshoot about 5 years ago. At the time I didn't realize how much weight I had put on. It wasn't long after that that I worked really hard at getting my eating under control. The picture on the right is from within the last few months. 

I think I need to look at these pictures side by side every once in a while to remember how I looked before. 

No comments: