Sunday, May 07, 2017

Missing Church

       Missing church again this morning. Last week I was babysitting and I decided to keep the kids home. This morning I woke up with a splitting headache that had symptoms of a migraine. Thankfully after falling back to sleep my head started feeling better. But I opted to stay home in case the symptoms came back. I didn't want to be away from home feeling the way I was feeling this morning.
       As I'm sitting here missing church, and I mean really wishing I were there right now, I'm feeling thankful that I'm missing it. Hah! That sounds funny!
       So funny when one word can have two meanings. Let me try again. I'm thankful that I'm feeling sad to not be there. I love going to church. I love singing the songs, being around the people, and hearing the message.
       Six months ago this was not the case. Six months ago I went to church every week because I had to. I was committed to singing so I was there. I liked singing, but I was getting burned out. I cared about the people which is why I kept going. And during the messages I hardly paid attention. I spent a lot of time during the messages searching for topical verses. One week it was "one anothers." Another week "fear." You get the idea.
       So as I'm missing church today I'm pretty thankful for the church I am attending now. Thankful that God led me to go there and thankful for how He is growing me under the teaching there.

No comments: