Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Whole 30

Ok, here it goes!
Step 1 to working on a healthier year.

I'm excited and nervous about giving this a try. But I weighed myself last night and suffice it to say I need to make a change in how I have eating and taking care of my body. The number I saw was not ok and I'm feeling it in my pants as well. All those sweets at Christmas took their toll.

Like I said in my last post, I'm going to give the Whole 30 a try. I picked up It Starts with Food from the library and started reading it last night. Basically I need to be filling my body with foods that are helpful for me. That sounds good to me. It isn't going to be easy. I'll be cutting out grains, dairy, and sugar. Do you know how much food has grain, dairy, and sugar?! Do you know how much I LOVE breads and cheese?! And don't even get me started on CHOCOLATE!!! So this week I'm reading up on what I need to be eating, and not eating, as well as eating things from my fridge that I won't be able to eat. Yum! I'm going to really savor the lasagna I'm having for dinner tonight. Thursday is my grocery shopping day so starting then I'm going hard core.

30 days.

I can do this.

I'm SO ready to shed some pounds, sleep better, and overall have more energy.

No comments: