Thursday, April 21, 2016

Reading Challenge Update #3

Can it be? Have I really read 8 books so far in 2016?
This week I've been trying to make a point to turn off the tv and read more. It's amazing how you can get sucked into a story and feel like you are there with the characters. Last night I only got a few hours of sleep because I couldn't put Unspoken down. At the moment I'm regretting that as I've practically falling asleep sitting at my desk. 

Anyway, here are books 7 and 8! 

 #7 The Siege of Macindaw, by Jon Flanagan - I've really enjoyed reading the Ranger's Apprentice series. Good adventure books and I really like the characters you follow throughout the series.  Not sure how many books there are, but I'm sure I'll pick up book 7 soon. 
 #8 Unspoken, by Dee Henderson - The O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson is one of my series to read. I'm ready to read them for a second time. This book connects to those a little, but it does not compare. It was a pretty long book and I almost gave up on it multiple times, but I made myself keep reading. About halfway through I was hooked. It took me about 200 pages to really get hooked on the book. I can't believe I made it that far! Once I got to the halfway point I didn't want to put it down. She does such a good job at writing about suspense, but there was way too much leading up to it in this book. After looking at goodreads reviews I can see I'm not the only one to feel this way. Bummer. 

No comments: