Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Breaking Bad Habits and Pursuing Better Ones

This year more so than other years I've been feeling challenged in making a change in my life. It all started with my word for the year. I knowI've thought doing this before, and I may actually have chosen a word in previous years, but this year feel different to me.

My word for this year is Intentional.

Intentional in:

  • how I eat
  • friendships
  • taking care of my house
  • my job
  • doing fun projects
  • reading
  • time digging in to the Bible 
The word can cover so many areas on my life. 

I feel like over the last few months (which were very busy, I'll give myself that) I would think to myself "I need to do (fill in the blank)." And then just sit on the couch and not do anything, but watch tv and scroll thru facebook or pinterest. I imagined people driving by my house and saying "Oh, look. There's Jamie on her couch as usual." I don't want that to be me. I want to be someone who follows thru with what she says she'll do. And that has to start with what I tell myself I'm going to do. 

So here I am, January 3rd, I haven't turned on my tv (also part of a fasting and praying season I'm going through) since I got home from Christmas break. I'm cooking good quality, whole30 meals. I've spent time in the Word the last two morning and worked on reading my Bible study book in the evenings. I've been reading. Yes, reading books for fun. I really LOVE reading. I'm attempting to text friends I haven't kept in good contact with lately. I'm working to do things in my classroom to be a better teacher for my students. It all feels so good! 

My prayer is that it doesn't fizzle out after a few days. I have a tendency to do that. 

I just feel like this is going to be a great year! I don't know what the Lord has in store for me this year, but I want it to be focused first on Him. 

Hello 2018! Let's do this! 

No comments: