Friday, June 02, 2006

Day 16

Praise the Lord!! Tonight a girl was saved and there were several other kids who were interested and talking to leaders! It was really exciting. This was at Alta Ruta, the junior high group. 2 of the interested kids were ones who I tutored after school. God is good. I am so thankful for their curiosity. They were the ones who sought out leaders to talk about salvation! The ministry there at Alta Ruta is a good one.

After school today the school had a staff meeting and they thanked us for coming and helping at their school. They told us that we were a blessing to them, but they were all such a blessing to me and the other 3 girls as well. After the meeting they had an afternoon of games, for the staff. So we got dragged into playing games. (If you know me you know that I am terrible at sports and pretty much hate them, but I played) Peruvians really like to play games together, usually outdoor games. We did a few relays and then played futbol. Yes I played futbol (soccer in the US) I was terrible at it, but it was fun. Although I did get kicked in the shin by one of the girls I have been staying with. I have a lump. But it was a fun afternoon.

This morning didn't go as well unfortunately. For some reason I was really testy and easily annoyed, but after lunch I was able to spend some time in the Word and in prayer and the Lord really worked on my heart.

I am sad that today was our last day at the school, but I have so many great memories and I am so thankful for the time I have spent here at La Molina Christian School.

Please be praying for the kids who were saved tonight. Also there is a little girl from the children's home who was rushed to the hospital last night and is still in intensive care. Evidently she took several pills (they think they were for epilepsy, but they are still trying to figure it out). They took her to the hospital and had her stomach pumped, and she should have been taken out of the Intensive care today, but she was having hallucinations so they wanted to keep her in there longer. She is such a sweet little girl. Please pray. I hear that she is having a great attitude, but it must be scaring being in a place you don't know.

Well, I'm totally worn out from playing futbol so goodnight!

No comments: