Saturday, October 09, 2010

Sonoma County Fair


Top 5 Reasons why I love going to the fair with my family:

5. The Flower Show - I don't know how other fairs are in different areas, but the Sonoma County Fair has an amazing flower show. There is an entire pavilion dedicated to it. Landscaping groups take up sections of it and fill the entire area with plants of all colors and sizes. Every year there is a theme. This year the theme was wine. Which makes sense for Sonoma County. Walking into this area was like walking into

Fountain made of wine bottles! Very cool idea!


4. Free Clover Ice Cream - Every day during the fair there is a booth that passes out free ice cream cones. The ice cream tastes great and best part of all...it is free. :o) It is nice to not have to spend a ton of money at the fair.

3. Kids Rides - Normally I don't go on rides at the fair, but my niece Danika is at the age where she loves going on rides. We tried to do other things, but all she talked about was the Carousel. It was fun going on rides with her. Most of the time she had a very serious face, but we all knew she had a great time.

She looks terrified, but this ride was all she talked about for the first 20 minutes at the fair. 
2. The Food - Raise your hand if you like fair food! (mine hand is high in the sky!) Food at the fair is so much fun. I love trying new things. Now I'm not talking about a greasy hot dog. My usual at the fair is pesto pasta from The Pasta King. I know exactly where to find them at the fair. This year I had pork sliders from Johnny Garlic's. Wow they were amazing! Another favorite is the kettle corn.

1. Photo-booth Pictures - This is my favorite thing to do at the fair! It is the main reason I go. People laugh at me and tell me to just go to the mall, but it isn't the same. I LOVE the tradition Julie and I made the first time we took Dani to the fair. It is fun to see how she has grown in one year. She still doesn't quite get the idea, but we are getting there. I played around a little on Picnik with the picture.

And there you have it!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

All wonderful reasons! The flowers - LOVE them! Free ice-cream is a must have! Kids rides - Allie couldn't get enough! The FOOD - a BIG reason to go to the fair! I had Pasta King and Johnny Garlics - oh and the corn dog!!! Oh - and my tanker of lemonade! And this year - you inspired me to use the photo booth and now I am hooked!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! The fair is super fun - next year I am going to enter something - :)