Tuesday, April 26, 2011

#15 - New sewing project

I can now check another item off my 30 x 30 list!! I just sewed something that I can wear! I'm so excited!

I had a day off of work today. It was so nice. I started the day at Starbucks, read my Bible and laughed as I overheard a conversation at a nearby table. Next I had lunch with my mom and Danika. It was nice to spend that time with them.
I took my mom's sewing machine home with me and had plans of working on a quilt. I didn't get a bit of cleaning done today, but I really enjoyed my day off working on some sewing projects.
(Something I don't get to do very often)
I started out working on a baby quilt for my friend Kelley. She had her sweet baby, Jenna, almost 2 months ago and I'm still working on her quilt.
 I made pretty good progress on the quilt, but when I got to the point of needing to iron I was ready to stop.
I don't know about you, but I'm not a big fan of ironing.
So I started on a pattern I had for making an apron. I was shocked at how easy it was to make! Even adding the rick-rack edges was easier than I anticipated! Yay! I think I'll have to make a few adjustments when I make another one but there is no problem with that.
I am so excited that I was able to make this apron in one day!
I love the fabric, and the style of the apron is so cute.

Now I just need to cook more so I can wear my new apron! :)

5 comments:

Barb said...

Great job Jamie!!!!!! I want one!

Wendy said...

So cute Jamie! You did a fantastic job, rick rack even, I'm impressed! :)

Stephanie said...

It is ADORABLE!!!!!!! I want one!!!!!!! I will buy whatever you need :)

Jen Bauer said...

Super cute apron!! That was much more fun than cleaning your house:)

And, I wore the same pants two days in a row today because I didn't want to iron my other clean pants. I hate ironing!!

Stephanie said...

Was looking through your crafts and saw this - - I think I should pay you to make me one :)