Monday, February 08, 2016

The Best Yes: Mondays

       On Sunday mornings my ladies Sunday school class is watching a DVD series on The Best Yes by Lisa Terkurst. I'm really enjoying it. It's a book that I've been wanting to read, but I have a stack of books that I've started recently that I want to finish first. So for now the DVD series will have to do.
Yesterday she talked about how she has reserved her Mondays as her family time. Anything different that comes up on a Monday she says no to. She has made Monday as a priority to her family and opening her home up to friends as well.
       I really liked this idea. I have a tendency to agree to do anything that someone throws my way. Last week was so busy that I was exhausted by the time Friday came around. I hardly did anything with people over the weekend (other than church). I even stayed home alone during the Super Bowl! I had a very introverted weekend. There's nothing wrong with that, but I don't want to make that a habit. I really enjoy being around friends and don't want to miss out on time with friends that will be moving away this summer.
       So I've decided that I need to make Monday nights a priority to stay at home. I need a "me day." That sounds very selfish when I say it, but I don't think I'll make it if I'm not home at least one night a week. I'll lose my mind!
       I'm going to spend my Monday evenings making sure my house is picked up and working on craft projects. I'm the queen of starting projects and not finishing them. A while back I opened up an Etsy shop to sell some of my art/craft projects. It would be a good way to make a little extra cash and I find crafting relaxing. So I'm making a list of projects I can work on and I'm going to get my Etsy shop open by the end of the month. If I work on something every Monday then I should be able to keep my Etsy shop full of things to sell.

No comments: