Thursday, January 24, 2008

Martin Luther King Jr.

Well, now that I am student teaching I am realizing that I have funny stories to share. I am working with 1st grade and sometimes they say and do really cute/funny things.

This week we have been talking a little about Martin Luther King Jr. On Tuesday I read the class a story about him. Most of the students didn't know much about him so I was interacting with the students while I was reading by answering questions. Well, we got to one part of the book that talked about "White Only" signs that were up everywhere (parks, restaurants, restrooms, etc. ) One little girl raised her hand and said...

"It is bad to have white only bathrooms because some people would pee in their pants."

I had to work really hard at keeping a straight face! It was definitely a smile and nod moment.

I'm sure there will be more cute quotes to come!

No comments: