Monday, January 28, 2008

some days

It has been a long day and I am definitely feeling tired. These kinds of days are when I tend to get down in the dumps and everything turns negative. Ok, things don't turn negative, I make them negative. Sometimes I'll just watch a sad movie so I can just cry. Do you ever just feel like you just need to cry?

Sorry, this is depressing. But, tonight I've decided that I'm not going to dwell on the negative. So I'm going to make a list of things I am thankful for.

  • The Lord of all creation loves me!
  • Parents who have raised me to love God and love others
  • encouraging friends
  • the Bible
  • my sister
  • best friends both far away and close by
  • a car that runs well
  • a college that teaches me how to follow the Lord
  • a faithful God when I am faithless
  • the rain and the sunshine
  • Danika
  • my pastors (past and present)
  • getting coffee with Michelle
  • people who listen
  • the Hall family
  • not knowing what is to come (although sometimes I wish I knew)
  • old movies
  • music
  • my salvation
  • forgiveness
  • singing to Jesus
  • the funny things 1st graders say and do
  • smiling babies
  • laughter

Thank you, Jesus, for helping me look at all that you have given to me. I pray that I will keep my focus toward you and not myself. Thank you for loving me and making me your child. - In Jesus' precious name, Amen.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thanks for this example of choosing joy...what a reminder of the grace of God even when things are hard. I love this post.

And, I love coffee with you, too...next Friday?? :) Praying for you!!