Monday, May 19, 2008

The goodbyes have begun

I hate saying goodbye to people. And the decision I made to move back to Santa Rosa is causing a lot of sad goodbyes for me. Don't misunderstand, I really am excited to move back to Santa Rosa. It will be nice to be home, but at the same time I am going to miss the people I have gotten to know in Santa Clarita.



Tonight I babysat for the Barczaks for the last time. I have been babysitting Weston and Ryan for almost 2 years now and I love watching them. We have such a great time and they are such well behaved little boys (4 and 2). Seriously, I would stop a movie and say it was time for bed and they would run to the bathroom to brush their teeth.



Anyway, when I was putting them to bed tonight Weston (4) looks at me and says, "Jamie, you know what is sad? When I go to college I will have to leave Ryan." So we talked about how that is sad, but he will have a fun time and he still has a long time until he goes to college. Then he says, "But you know what is happy? I will get to see you at college!" So sweet! I nearly broke down. (I have been extremely emotional when saying goodbye to people)



Jen (Weston and Ryan's mom) told me that she remembered the first time I babysat. They were going out with some friends to see a play. They got my number from someone who recommended me so I met them for the first time that night. When they got in the car with their friends they were asked who was watching the boys. "Jamie" was the response. "Jamie who?" Jen and Andy didn't even know my last name. :o) But it all turned out alright. Obviously, since it has been 2 years.



I will definitely miss this family.

2 comments:

Sarah Kuhner said...

I haven't been on your blog for awhile so it was nice to catch up on how you are doing. I'm so glad that you are moving back to Santa Rosa. I know it is amazingly hard to say good bye though. See you soon.

Stephanie said...

That is too sweet - love the part where he says he can see you in college :):) You can babysit for me though :) Allie loves you!