Saturday, July 04, 2009

Quilting



I am trying something new. I have decided to make baby quilts for my friends. It started out when I made one for Danika when she was born. I think it is such a special thing. So when I found out my friend Kelley was going to have a baby this summer (any day now) I got busy working on a quilt for her new little girl. It is definitely challenging and I am no where near an expert, but I find it enjoyable. I did have a little trouble with one of the fabrics I chose, but I got over it eventually. :o)

This is the quilt I made for Kelley's baby. Kelley helped me pick out the fabric which made it even more special. She couldn't wait to see what it turned out like. She studied interior design so has a good eye for colors and patterns. And the colors she picked out go with her baby's room. I am so excited for her sweet little girl to be wrapped up in this blanket.

No comments: