Monday, March 29, 2010

Person in process

"I am a person in process. God is chipping away at the peeling paint in my life, driving nails in where the boards are breaking away, and working hard to make my house what it should be. He is painting deep brushstrokes in my life, but He has a long way to go. "
Carole Mayhall, author of Words That Hurt Words That Heal
I'm reading through this book with some college girls from my church and I have felt convicted after reading each and every chapter. I get a little frustrated though when I forget what I have learned in a couple of days. Yesterday I read the next chapter and came across this quote at the end. It made me feel a little relieved. Don't get me wrong, I still need to work on remembering the things I have learned and applying them to my life, but there are times when God uses those things without me even knowing. I'm so glad that He is at work! And I don't have to grow by my own strength.

It kinda reminds me of a song...
He's still working on me to make me what I ought to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars,
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars.
How loving and patient He must be, He's still working on me.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jamie-I try to keep up with your blog. :) I loved that book too-so helpful and hopeful.