Tuesday, June 03, 2014

The packing has begun

Well, school is out. My grades and end of the year paperwork is all turned in. Now for the huge job of packing. Starting with my classroom and then will start on my house next week after a quick trip to Seattle to visit Lindsay and her family.
I didn't realize I had SO much stuff in my classroom! Obviously there are a lot of things that aren't mine in my classroom, but I bought a lot out of my own pocket. Books, books, books. I have at least 5 boxes of books that are mine. Not huge boxes, but still it is a lot of books. And I totally have more books at home. What can I say, I love books! There are a lot of things I'm not shipping to Wisconsin right now since I know I won't need them for teaching 1st and 2nd grade. I figure I can keep them in storage for a while. I'm honestly not sure how long I'll be in Wisconsin. A year for sure, but beyond that I have no idea. Just want to follow what God has planned.

I was able to get in contact with one of my new coworkers and she sent me a few pictures of the classroom I'm going to be using. I needed a little idea of how much space I have. It turns out that I have two rooms. Both are on the small size, but I'll take what I can get! It is fun to start thinking about how I'm going to set it up. The bright green walls in the extra room are a little shocking. I'll have to figure out how to tone that down a little. :)
If you think of me, please pray. Pray that I'll be able to get everything done that I need to do and that I won't get overwhelmed by all of it. I'm excited for this new adventure. (just trying not to think about the sad part of leaving yet)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Praying and so excited to see all God has planned! Love you, Jamie!

Stephanie said...

Can't wait to see pics of the classroom when you make it your own :)

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Have a blast seeing Lindsay! Fun to get to visit her!