Wednesday, November 12, 2014

{Day 10 - Something you hate}

Chalk is totally comes with my job. When I first started teaching I loved chalk! Now... I can't stand it. I'll only use I if I absolutely have to. This is all of the chalk I have in my classroom, and after I took this picture I threw it away. Ha!

Here are my top 3 reasons why I greatly dislike (aka hate) chalk:

  1. It gets everywhere - gotta love it when you realize that you have chalk dust on your pants and you don't know how long it has been there! 
  2. It dries out your hands - I want to wash my hands every time I touch the stuff! 
  3. I lose my voice when I use it on a regular basis - true story! When I first started teaching I would lose my voice by the end of each week. It took me a long time to realize that it wasn't from talking too much. It was from the chalk! The year they put a white board in my room I didn't lose my voice once. Crazy! 
In my current classroom I have a white board as well as chalkboards. Instead of using chalk I use chalk pens. True it takes me longer to clean it off, but it is SO worth it! 

No comments: