Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Whole30 Update

      Well, I've been back on the Whole30 for a week and a half now and it is going SO well! This time around I've been cooking more than the other two times I went through my 30 days. I absolutely love the cookbook I purchased! The recipes are simple to do so far and all of them have been very tasty.

So far I've tried:

  • Chicken Meatballs
  • Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
  • Greek Salad
  • Roasted Spaghetti Squash
  • Stuffed Bell Peppers
  • Kitchen Sink Scramble
       The great thing is that each of these have made fantastic left-overs. The roasted red pepper sauce was good with the meatballs, backed potatoes, and scrambled or fried eggs. It was A-Mazing! I'm thinking I need to make it again soon. I wonder if I could freeze small amounts of it so that I have it on hand for longer. The recipe says it only keeps for 5 days. 
       Last night I made the stuffed bell peppers and used extra stuffing in my scrambled eggs this morning. The seasoning on the stuffing was really flavorful and added so much to my breakfast. 
       I'm going to make the meatballs again and double the recipe so I can freeze a batch of them for busy weeks when I don't have as much time to cook. 
       I don't think of myself as a great cook and honestly I think my biggest problem is laziness. I get home from work and just want something quick and easy so I can sit and relax. But this cookbook has gotten me excited about cooking and I'm loving the results of these recipes! 
       Coming up in the next week are pulled pork carnitas and grilled coconut curry chicken with cauliflower rice. If the cauliflower rice goes well I'm thinking it will become something I make often. It could go with a lot of meals! 

No comments: