Tuesday, March 18, 2008

what will they say next?

Well, yesterday was my first day in the 4th grade classroom. It went better than I thought it would. The main thing I have to remember is that I have to treat this students a lot different than the 1st graders. I can't clap a rhythm to get the kids attention anymore. Thankfully my new master teacher has a big bell she rings. So that will help when I start teaching. I don't have much else to say about 4th grade because it has only been one day, but I do have a funny story already. :o)

The teacher was introducing a new science topic to the students about animals. The questions she asked was: "Who knows what it is when a larger animal eats a smaller animal etc.?" (she was looking for the food chain) One student raised his hand and said "Cannibals." He was all excited thinking he had the right answer and he was totally wrong. The teacher was a little shocked by his answer becuase she was not expecting that and gave a funny look and said he was wrong. She didn't dwell on it and moved on to another student who said the right answer. My goodness, you have to be so poised when you are a teacher. You just never know what the students are going to say next.

1 comment:

Becca Sports said...

That was great. The same goes with your kids. You'll need to discipline them over something and they'll say or do something so funny that you can't discipline them at the time. :)