Friday, February 25, 2011

Hats

I am a person with many hats. Work is one of the places where I wear many hats. Art teacher, teacher's aid, teacher, yard duty and computer lab teacher. Goodness, sometimes I feel like I am running all over that school! I'm totally not complaining though. I love my job and it really keeps me on my toes. 

Yum!
But work is not the only place where I have many hats. I have my job, but along with that I babysit, housesit and most recently I took on another hat. I'm a Tastefully Simple Consultant. So far I haven't been able to put a ton of effort into this business, but I just love the product! I went into this business with the thought of paying off my student loans a little faster. As of right now it isn't making a difference, but I'm hoping it will pick up soon. I'm trying to be a little more ambitious in getting people to book parties. 

My first job as a wedding coordinator.

Now I'm wondering if I should add another hat to my collection. My wonderful friend in Seattle has been talking to me about wedding planning for a while now. A few years ago my church advertised the need for a church wedding coordinator. When I saw it I thought it would be so much fun! But nothing came of it and it left the church bulletin shortly after. It left my mind for a while and then the idea came back to me in November. I drove down to SoCal for a good friend's wedding and at the last minute became the wedding coordinator! Yikes! It was totally last minute, but I loved doing it! It made me wonder what it would be like to do that kind of thing on a somewhat regular basis. 
Well, my church is looking for another wedding coordinator (at least they were, not sure if someone stepped up to the job already or not). I have a few friends at church who think I should go for it. I'm wondering if I should do it. It isn't planning the wedding, but coordinating it at the church. Oh goodness, what to do. 

I'm sitting in my apartment watching "The Wedding Planner" (love that movie!) thinking how fun it would be to plan weddings. I'm not saying I want to fall in love with someone else's groom. Lol! But I love the idea of getting all the details together on the day of someone's wedding! 

Sometimes I wonder if I have too many hats to wear. It would mean some extra money, but it is also pretty unpredictable. Well, it is something I'm praying about. 

1 comment:

Wendy said...

That is so funny, I was looking at the wedding coordinator thing too and thinking it sounded like fun! Then I decided I was too old for the stress and responsibility. :) I think you should go for it, you'd probably be great at it!