Saturday, February 19, 2011

Say What?!

I walked into my 2nd & 3rd grade class yesterday morning dressed in jeans, a black turtleneck, and a maroon poncho. I'd just gotten done teaching my jr highers for the week and was feeling pretty good. Then one of the 3rd grade boys looked at me and told me I looked like Darth Vader today. What?!? I looked at him, very confused, and asked him to repeat what he said. Then I laughed. He continued to tell me I looked like Vader during the day and kept saying that I freaked him out.

Some people might be offended by this, but I know my students
pretty well. They are THE goofiest group of kids! The 3 boys in the class, yes there are only 3 boys, are always doing silly things and telling me I freak them out. I have no idea where Vader came into the picture, but apparently my reaction was enough to keep it coming.


This particular student went home and told his mother what
happened. The thought it was hilarious. He then told her that he loves me and my sense of humor. So sweet!

Sometimes I wonder if I joke around with my students too much. I wonder that and then I wonder if I should show up at school with a Darth Vader mask on sometime. Lol!

Teaching is definitely an adventure! I wonder what will happen next!

No comments: