Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back 2 School - And Loving It!

I've been waiting to post about school starting because my dad has some pictures on his camera that I wanted to post. Obviously it is taking me a while to get them (my fault, not his). So here is my back to school post minus the pictures from the first day of school.

_________________________


A few shots around my classroom. 
It is official!
I LOVE teaching!!
       I've been teaching for just over 2 weeks and I love, love, love it! It is challenging, but it is my class. Oh yes!
       I started the day with several of my students greeting me with "Hello, New Teacher!" There was a little bit of chaos as we got into the room and about 5 minutes later I shooed the parents out of the room. Phew! I really didn't want to start with them in there. The parents make me nervous.
       About half way through the first day I realized that I didn't plan enough for us to do. This resulted in a few games and an extra recess. The kids thought this was great! It made me nervous. One boy who was sick on the first day was sad because he had missed the best day "they didn't do any work and they had 3 recesses!" is what he told his dad. I laughed and said, "Yep, it won't be like that for long."
       I was on cloud nine the entire first week (and really, I still am). My voice started going on the second day. By the end of the week I sounded terrible. I think my voice is almost back to normal. By the end of the day it is a little scratchy.
       I feel so blessed to be teaching third grade this year. I have great students. There are a few challenging ones, but I'm working at helping them and trying to not get frustrated with them. (sometimes that is easier said than done) One thing I like about this group of kids is their sense of humor. They know how to laugh. Sometime they laugh at the wrong times, but we are working on that. Not only does this class have a great sense of humor they also love to learn. They are just soaking up everything I give them! It is great!
       One of my favorite things to do in class is read aloud after lunch. I've always loved doing this. I give the kids the option of coloring while I read. Half of them just sit there and listen, which makes me love them even more!

I just feel so blessed!

       I can tell you right now that I am going to have some fun stories throughout the school year. I'm being good and writing them down in a book so I don't forget them. Maybe you'll see a book of my teaching memoirs in a bookstore someday. If so, it will all make you laugh. They say hilarious things!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Your classroom is so cute! I'm so glad you're having fun with the kids, I know you will do a fantastic job. Ryan is going to be so excited to have you as his teacher next year! And, yeah, I might be a little happy about that too. :)