Friday, May 09, 2014

A Big Change

My grandma and I making pie last summer. 
       It is hard to believe that there are only 2 full weeks left of school! (I'm totally not counting the last week of school -- it consists of a big party on one day and a half day) Usually at this time I'm super excited about summer coming. This year I am excited about summer, but at the same time I'm feeling sad. This last day of school this year will be my last day teaching at RVCS. I've been teaching at RVCS for 6 years and it has been so much fun! Leaving is hard for me to do, but at the same time I'm excited about what the future holds.
       Where am I going? Wisconsin! I've accepted a job at a small Christian school around the corner from my grandparent's house. For the last few years I've thought about moving there to help them out. They are in their early 90s and probably shouldn't be living on their own anymore. I thought about going out there last year, but a teaching job wasn't open anywhere around and I need to work. I prayed about it and the door just seemed to be closed.
       Apparently that closed door was only temporary. This January the door flew open. I wasn't expecting it. It is neat when you can look back and see how God is working in your life. His plan is so much better than mine. I was asked by my grandparent's pastor to consider the 1st/2nd grade teaching position at their school. I prayed a lot about it and applied. I figured I'd apply and see what would happen. I continued to pray for the Lord's leading and peace. In February, or March...can't remember which month it was, I heard from the school about a phone interview. After the phone interview I flew out there during my spring break, touring the school, and had another interview. 2 days later they offered me the teaching position. Whoa!! More praying!
       So many thoughts were going through my head. As I went into that tour and interview I prayed for lightning from the Lord. Lightning didn't come though. There was no absolute clear sign of what I should do. My friends and family asked me how it went and what I was thinking about doing. I didn't know how to respond. So I kept praying. About a week after my trip to Wi I felt an incredible peace about teaching in Wi. It was such an amazing feeling.
       Needless to say, my grandparents are thrilled. I told them I'd be moving out there in July and they wondered why I was waiting so long! Ha! I'm so excited to be able to spend time with them and hopefully be a blessing to them. But at the same time I'm sad to leave my parents, sister, Danika, friends, and school.
       Ca is definitely home for me. This move to Wisconsin is going to be shocking I'm sure. I wonder how this California girl is going to do at shoveling snow for several months out of the year?!

No comments: