Monday, May 12, 2014

Don't steal my joy!

Was struggling this morning with a parent of one of my students. It seems like I get an upset email from her at least once a week, and lately more than once a week. There doesn't seem to be a way to please her when it comes to her child. The sad thing is that this situation is causing me to want school to finish sooner. I don't want my last few weeks at RVC to be like that! I want to enjoy my students and coworkers while I can! So my prayer right now is that I won't lose site of the joy I have in being here at RVC.

Lord,
     Protect my heart. Satan is trying to bring me down. Help me to focus on the truth and your love. I pray that I will be able to stay focused on finishing well at RVC and that you will be glorified. Please soften the heart of this mom and give me and the school's administrators wisdom as we work with her. I pray that I will find joy in everything I do here at school for the next few weeks. Thank you for the blessing of teaching here and the wonderful students you have given to me.
                       In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments: