Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Bring on the Chapstick!

It's beginning to be that time of year again.
The time of year when I have a chapstick everywhere. My purse, desk, bathroom, nightstand, and pocket of every coat I could possibly wear. I should buy stock in chapstick. Once it starts getting cool and dry here my lips dry out. Now my problem is that I need to find all of the ones I had last year and put them where I need them. Hmmm...what purse did I use last year?
On a completely different note, I have been feeling so thankful lately. All summer long I feel like I was having a pity party about friends. 2 years ago I moved away from my close friends and over the last year 2 of my closest friends in Wisconsin moved away. And I was really feeling sorry for myself. But you know what, just this week God has been showing me how incredibly blessed I am. I really do have so many friends here. It's different now, because I don't have one super close friend that I hang out with almost all week, but I have friends! A couple friends have been so great and started inviting me to go and do things with their families or even just hang out with them in the evenings. I had that in California, but hadn't had here until now. So thankful for these friendships! God is so good to me!

No comments: