Thursday, October 13, 2016

Ouch That Hurt

Seriously, people.
Be careful what words come out of your mouth!
Words can hurt.
Words can sting.
Words can stay with you for a looooonnnnngggg time.

Just 1 sentence out of your mouth can make or break someone's day.

Clearly this happened to me recently.

There are people like me who overthink the words that come out of my mouth and others who don't think at all about what comes out. There has to be a balance.

But unfortunately there will always be people whose words just eat at you. Regretfully I've been the one to sting another with my words before. And I hate how I feel afterwards.

The hard thing is that there are some people who just don't know how their words make people feel. They have no clue.

What do you do? How do you respond? Do the words roll off your back? Do you confront them or just walk away?

I pray.
Ask a friend to pray.
And find something to do to distract me from the sting of the words.

No comments: