Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Jamie's Cafe

       When you live in a small town and have no coffee shops to study at sometimes you make coffee in the evening, turn on a relaxing pandora station, and pretend to be in a coffee shop while you do your Bible study. :) It was actually really enjoyable! I don't know about you, but when I'm studying the Bible I get distracted very easily. Usually I'm distracted by any mess around me and then all I can think about is how I need to clean. ... Unfortunately my house usually is somewhat messy. I've gotten better, but at the moment I have a project that has taken over my living room. So last night I moved from my comfy chair to my dining room table to do my Bible study. Currently my dining room table is the cleanest part of my house. It really helped me stay focused. It helped to not be surrounded by a mess. It also meant that I could spread out my books and not have to juggle them on my lap. Why didn't I do this sooner? Sometimes I'm a slow learner.
       After the couple weeks of no tv and really focusing on God's Word I'm amazed at how easily I fall back into old habits. I watched a bunch of tv over the weekend, granted I was working on a project while I was watching. But I had to work really hard on Monday and Tuesday to not allow myself to continue that habit. I watched one show last night while I was cooking and eating dinner and then I turned the tv off. It felt good to do that. As long as I stay disciplined with the tv (and internet surfing) I can watch it during the week. I just need to not let it take over my evening.
       I'm still so excited about all that God is teaching me through my Bible study and time in the Word right now. I want my life to be saturated in God's Word! Throughout my life I've been encouraged to do this by various sources (church, school, family, friends), but I've never actually done it. Again...slow learner. It will be exciting to see how God uses me as I continue to grow closer to Him!

No comments: