Sunday, December 26, 2010

Puddles...a blessing and a curse

I have had quite the experience with puddles lately. And I have to say I truly have mixed feelings about them.
On the negative side, my car does not like puddles. I don't just mean any ordinary puddle. I mean the really big ones. You see when I drive through large puddles, which doesn't happen too often, my car throws a fit.
You know that belt in your car's engine? The one that controls the engine fan, water pump, alternator, power steering, and I'm sure a few other things?
Yup, that's the one. When I go through large puddles that belt come off. Not off in the sense that I lose the belt, but off in that those things in my engine are not functioning. So far this winter it has happened three times. It is really obvious when it happens too. I didn't realize how much I appreciate my power steering! My arms are killing my from when it went out this evening.
Grr! Tonight was one of those oh so lucky nights. And I realized it was the same puddle that had made it come off the time before. Yes, I'm learning. My mechanic says that it is common in the type of car I have and there isn't anything that can be done to stop it.
So, I am avoiding giant puddles.
After all that negative there are ways I am seeing how God is taking care of me.
  1. Every time this has happened I have been close to home or work.
  2. Someone just has to put it back on, and it doesn't cost too much money.
  3. One of the maintenance guys at my work can put it back on for me. Thanks Shannon Guisti!
  4. The last two times it came off I was very close to work.
God is so good!

Ok, now here is the reason why I find puddles a blessing.
Danika loves putting on her rain boots and jumping in puddles. The other day we went for a walk specifically looking for puddles to jump it. (she did all the jumping, I forgot my rain boots)
It is so much fun. Every little bit of water we saw she wanted to jump in it.
Finally we made it to a public school near my parent's house and found some good puddles in the parking lot. I think she would have stayed there all day.
So much fun!

Thank you, Lord for your many blessings and for showing me the positive in the negative. You are so good. -- Jamie

No comments: