Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Uncle Bubbles

I'm not always the best with my words and I really have a hard time sharing my feelings, but today (tonight...ok this morning) my heart is very sad. Today very suddenly Wayne Kuhner went to be with the Lord. My heart is very torn because I know that Wayne is safe in the arms of his loving Savior but at the same time I am very sad that he is not here anymore.

I have known Wayne my entire life and for as long as I can remember I have called him "Uncle Bubbles." He blew bubbles for me when I was little. My family used to spend a lot of time with the Kuhner family. Unfortunately, over the last several years we have not spent as much time together because of busy schedules, but they are still great friends.

Wayne was an great man of God. He cared for so many people. I loved peeking into the Church office on Sunday mornings to see if he was in there. He'd always give me a huge hug, say "hey sweetie!" and we would chat for a while. Every time I sang in church he would tell me that he thought it was my mom who was singing and that he loved it. I was always so encouraged by him.

Every time I think about him tonight I cry, hence the lack of sleeping at the moment.
The Kuhner family is in my prayers right now as I'm sure this is a very hard time for them.

Thank you, Lord, for your perfect timing, even when we don't understand. Thank you for the time I was able to have with Wayne. I am so thankful that he is at home with You in paradise. Please bring comfort and peace to those who knew and loved Wayne.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Jamie, such a sweet tribute. I was just thinking on Sunday that it was so strange and sad not to see Wayne in the office when I went through there after finishing with praise team. His family is still in my prayers!