Friday, May 19, 2006

Day 2 in Peru

Today was a big day. It was our first day working at the school. We are at La Molina Christian School. It is a really neat school. Kristi, Naomi, Jenn and I worked with the first grade today. They are so cute and shy. I loved it. I taught the Bible lesson! And the kids were getting it! I am so excited. It makes me more eager to teach in my own classroom, but I need to wait for the Lord's timing.
We also spent a lot of time in their library. They are changing thier system to the Dewy Decimal System. It is a lot of work, but once we got going it wasn't too hard. I don't think it will take too much longer to do. Thier library isn't super big. But I did start sneezing because of the dust. Typical of me. :o)
Tonight we went to a youth event they had on the school campus. It was a lot of fun. They were having a game night and I was in charge of one of the game tables. We played Nervous. It is like slap jack, but there is a little more to it. I lost both times, but it was so much fun. I was totally the minority because we had to say numbers in Spanish. I know the numbers, but it takes me a second to connect the number i see to the Spanish word for it (if that makes sense). But it was really fun.
Tonight one of the teachers is babysitting 2 girls from the school and they are watching Narnia. It is a lot of fun here. The teachers are children are really sweet.
I'm not sure what we are going to do tomorrow, but I'm sure I'll tell you all about it soon. :o)

quote for the day: "Did she turn into a head of lettuce?" (yeah I'm not even sure how that one came about, but it was really funny at the time)

God Bless - please keep us in your prayers!!

--Jamie

No comments: