Sunday, January 02, 2011

Stalling - Pumpkin Seeds

I am so terrible. Whenever I have things to do I usually can find something else to do. I'm sure I'm not the only one and I'm sure my mom is not going to like reading this post.
So today while I had a few things that I need to get done today I decided that I needed to use up the sugar pumpkins I had. I grew them in the garden at school over the summer and fall and they've been sitting around waiting for me to do something with them. So this afternoon I baked them and pureed them. Now the puree is sitting in my refrigerator draining in cheesecloth to get the extra water out. Online I read that I could freeze it and use it for later. I think I'm going to make a pumpkin bread with some of it tomorrow night.
I also took care of the pumpkin seeds. I LOVE PUMPKIN SEEDS!!!! I went onto allrecipes.com to see how long I needed to roast them and I found a fun recipe for them. Oh! They taste just like candy! I posted it on my food blog even though it isn't one of my Grandma's recipes. I might have to get more pumpkin seeds so I can share it with other people. I might just eat all of this batch on my own. :)

1 comment:

Peter Brown said...

"I am so terrible. Whenever I have things to do I usually can find something else to do"

If we liked doing work, they'd call it fun...

Sounds like a fun time procrastinating. What else are vacations for?