Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 14

Day 14 – A bad habit


I'm sure I have a lot of bad habits, but one of them for sure is that when I'm bored or feeling a little down in the dumps I tend to go shopping. 
Thankfully half of the time I don't really find anything to buy. But there are times when I end up buying things I don't need (I'm confessing, mom). The good thing is that I'm working at training myself not to do this anymore. For one thing, when I'm bored there are definitely things that I can be doing around my apartment. (I should be doing those things right now) And when I'm feeling "down in the dumps" (usually because I'm overtired and therefore rather emotional) I really need to seek comfort in God. At times like these the random shopping doesn't make me feel better, but when I go to Scripture my focus is brought off of myself and onto Christ. That works so much better than any spending does. 

No comments: