Friday, June 03, 2011

Pottery Studio

I love, love, love going to the pottery studio! I don't go very often, but when I do I have such a great time. It is a little stressful at first, but once I get going on a project it is usually (emphasize the usually) smooth sailing. I really find the time there relaxing. I could go with a group of friends or even just be there alone and feel happy.
This is one of my recent projects from the Pottery Studio. I did it quite a while ago and forgot to post it on my blog. So here I am finally getting around to it. This project took a long time. I started by drawing it on the mug in pencil and then went to town with the colors. The black was the last thing and that took a long time too. I ended up having to make two trips to finish it up. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with it. I'd like to keep it, but it would be a fun gift too.
I currently have a plate waiting to be picked up. I'm a little nervous about how it turned out. That is the harder part is knowing how the finished product will look. I get a little paranoid about that.
In the several times I've visited the pottery studio the same lady has been working there. I know her by name and she knows my face (she'd probably remember my name if I went a little more often). I've chatted with her several times and asked her opinion on my paint colors. I've really been convicted lately that I'm kinda stuck in a Christian bubble and this lady has been an answer to my prayers. I'm pretty sure she is not a believer. And I don't think it is by accident that she is there every time I go in to paint something. I don't know what God is going to do, partly because I know I can't afford to go there every week. But I'm excited that there may be an opportunity to share Christ with this woman. If you think of it pray for Sue. I might just have to make the pottery studio a little part of my monthly budget. Who knows.


No comments: