Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 19

A Recipe
This is one of my favorite recipes that I use. My family loves it when I make it. I actually found it on allrecipes.com. You should try it! It is easy and tastes SO good!

Chicken Marsala

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded 1/4 inch thick
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup Marsala wine
  • 1/4 cup cooking sherry

Directions

  1. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
  2. In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown. Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms. Pour in wine and sherry. Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds yummy - I think I will try it :)

Jen Bauer said...

I've heard of this recipe more than once now. I don't want to actually have to make it. I just want you to make it for me:)LOL