Friday, January 01, 2016

Happy 2016!

     It is so crazy to believe that today is January 1, 2016. Where did 2015 go?!
I don't know about you, but I'm enjoying my New Year's Day on my couch bingeing on season 1 of Psych. After driving to the airport at 5 I think my couch and I are going to stay close for the rest of the day. It's a good opportunity to blog, nap, search pinterest, and nap some more!

     2015 was a busy year that is for sure. I'm excited to see what God has in store for 2016.
As most people do, I have some goals for the year. I try not to make huge goals that I'll have a hard time completing at the end of the year. This year I want to focus of being healthy and reading more.

     My mom and dad are going to try out the Whole 30 diet for a month and I'm feeling challenged to try it as well. It is hard to think about cutting out some of my favorite foods (especially bread!), but I'm going to try it for a month and see how it goes. But all in all I'm wanting 2016 to be a healthy year for me. Eating better and exercising more.


     I'm excited to say (like I did in my last post) I have rediscovered my love for reading! There are so many good books out there. I want to read 20 books this year. It may not seem like a lot to you, but I'm not the fastest reader and I have a tendency to be busy. So 20 books it is! My friend Jen posted this picture on facebook today and I love the idea! What a fun way to pick books throughout the year! It will help me to read a good variety of books throughout the year. I'm starting the year by finish a few books I started a while ago. Right now I'm reading a Mrs. Pollifax book.
I'll keep you posted on my progress!

No comments: