Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Whole30 Prep

I'm continuing to read Its Starts with Food as I get ready to start the Whole30 diet. I skipped a few chapters so that I could get to the nitty gritty of what I can and cannot eat. I'll go back and read them a little later. Friday will be my start date since I'm going grocery shopping on Thursday (weather permitting, there may be a snow storm on Thursday). I'm really liking this book because it isn't just telling me what not to eat. The book explains how the food affects my body.

As I'm reading I'm working on my grocery list so that I can start with a bang and attack this diet full force. Anyone else dislike the word 'diet'? Hmm...what else can I call this? Food adventure. Adventure is a much better word. Yup, I'm going on a food adventure!

I'm also using pinterest for ideas of what to be eating on my first week of my food adventure. A bunch of people have blogged about their weekly menus when doing the Whole30. I'll take any inspiration I can get!

My Shopping List (so far)
  • apples
  • almond butter
  • eggs
  • cucumber
  • sweet potatoes
  • coconut milk
  • tazo passion tea
  • bell peppers
  • broccoli slaw

I realize there is no meat on my list this week. That's because I have some in the freezer already. :) 
I think one of the harder things for me will be when I get the munchies. So I'm going to prep a container of veggies to have in my fridge all the time. I'm also going to look for some sort of dip/tapenade to keep those veggies interesting. 

No comments: