Sunday, January 24, 2016

Whole30: Day 15

Day 15
       I made it half way! I'm feeling so good too! Yesterday I was doing some shopping and tried on a few tops at JC Penny's and I needed a medium instead of a large! Yay!! More confirmation that this food adventure is going well. I've been too busy to really try anything new in my cooking, but this week I should have some more time. I picked up a spaghetti squash and found a recipe for some meatballs. I'm going to give those a try this week. I'm also going to make my own spaghetti sauce. Do you know that most spaghetti sauces have sugar in them? And a lot of them have some sort of cheese too. That isn't too much of a surprise. So I have the stuff to make my own.
       I also found a recipe for a chocolate chilli. I've been craving chocolate today so when I saw the recipe on pinterest I pinned it right away. I realize that the chilli won't taste like the snickers bar that is waiting for me in my freezer, but it still sounds good. I figure I can freeze some of it too so that it goes a long way. 
       Tonight I added to my goal of working on being healthy. I used my treadmill. My sister made me. ;) I just needed a little push. I have this great app called 5K runner. I've attempted to use it a number of times and never get past the first day.  Who am I kidding. I usually don't get past the first 15 minutes. Well tonight I did it! The full 25 minutes! I was ready to give up at 15, but when I saw I only had 10 minutes left I told myself I could do it. And I did! It would be pretty awesome if I continued using my treadmill and could run in a 5K this summer. I really want to accomplish that. Pretty sure it's on my 40x40 list too. 

No comments: